Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tubing for oil cooler on a 6.2

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cegusman, Feb 22, 2005.

1. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I need 2 8" long 1/2" steel tubing with NPT fittings, anyone know where can I find these?

2. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Odds are you're looking at Inverted Flare to NPT adapters and some I.V. tubing. A real parts house should have all of that.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i have both stock crossover lines for the desial rad to cooler lines from block. nice shape. both with 45 flare on each end. if thats what you need . i can get pics for you , pm me if needed.

4. JonV

JonV Registered Member

When I replaced my oil cooler hoses, I just took them to a hose shop and they made new ones out of hydraulic hose. Mine is a stock oil cooler and has metal hard lines that connect up to the hoses.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

My 6.2 has rusty oil cooler lines too...

The oil cooler lines on y 82 6.2 are pretty rusty too--they start as steel line out of the block,then turn to rubber until they get to the fan shroud,then back to steel behind the radiator and where they screw into the oil cooler tank--mine are rusty mostly where they come out of the block and right behind the radiator-

-Rather that mickey mouse the original lines,could I just have hydralic hose lines made up and run all rubber with no steel lines???--or better yet,do I even HAVE to keep the oil cooler at all?? Could I just join the two hose outlets on the block together with a loop of tubing or a short hose???-I dont tow or use the truck for anything more than plowing my driveway and daily driving,a few other guys said the oil cooler isnt really needed for a truck that doesnt work that hard....Sorry if this is a hijack of the original thread--but I need to fix this soon,and would like to hear what others have done--I dont think the original lines are still available at the GM dealer anymore(even if they are,I probably couldnt afford them anyway!:1zhelp: :ears:

6. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey Chris I'm mailing out your Air cleaner today and I should have those lines. Over the Christmas holidays I swapped out a diesel for a gas motor in a K30. I remember removing the oil cooler and lines. However, I'm at work now and can't look until I get home tonight. Let me know if you want me to look for those lines.

7. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

PM sent