Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tubing rules!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by afroman006, Jun 18, 2006.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I went tubing on the Guadalupe River this weekend with "some" friends. Gawdam it was a blast. I'll post some pics later if I find them, but I didnt have a camera so we'll see. We had 400 jello shots, about a dozen icechests full of beer and a kickass stereo, with about 30 people in the group. We got freakin poured on friday night. My roommate and I didnt bother to put the rainfly on our tent when we set it up and when it started raining we were too ****faced to even walk so we just stuck it out and ended up with about 1/2" of water on the floor of the tent in the morning :haha: . That kinda put a damper on the start of the day but the weather cleared up beautifully for the rest of the day and it was a 100% kickass time. We were gonna go to a concert last night but everyone was too tanked so we didnt go, which I was kinda bummed about, but oh well.

2. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

i love tubing, we go all the time up at my grandmas, a few coolers full of brew or a keg tied to a tube and a few frinds makes for a nice leisurly float down the river. sucks when ya get to tanked and pass out only to wake up reder then a boiled lobster.

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I used to go tubing at least 25 times a summer back in my youth. We tried to get a trip together here a while back but there was no interest. Towards the end of the season they have a Halloween float out here. Thinkin we might wanna try again to get somethin goin.

Don't know what we're gonna do for a radio though.:dunno: :thinking:

4. afroman006

Excluding the ipod used to supply an entire day's length playlist, they built this thing for around $100 and got all the stuff from walmart.

cooler1.jpg

cooler2.jpg

cooler3.jpg

cooler4.jpg

5. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

That's flippin brilliant!!! Probably not as loud as the monstrosities that we used to put together but certainly good enough for a small group. There was a time, until the authorities put a damper on the situation, that it wasn't unusual to see 1000 plus watt stereos floating down the river in the middle of a group of folks.

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You go to New Braunfels? I haven't been in 12 years, but it was a great place to go tubing.

7. afroman006

Yup, New Braunfels. We even hit up the new Cabelas store in Buda on our way home today. Here's a few highlight pics.

2.jpg

15.jpg

28.jpg

8. afroman006

The bus driver freakin loved us :haha:

42.jpg

44.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

9. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Damn, I miss that.

10. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Tubing down the river is sweet! And thats a cool radio set-up you have!!! Haven't been tubing in a while....

11. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Good times...

But it does remind me of a Ron White quote:

"NOBODY had to pee!"

12. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I used to go there every 4th ofJuly.Seven years straight. I never went in a tube though. I found the hot setup is the 2 man inflatable canoe. Enough room for 2 people and a big cooler. The First time we went, a buddy and I got an 8 man raft to have extra room. You don't realize how much that is worth untill a group of college girls, tired of sitting in a tube, ask to join you. That was nice. Later on, the raft was the "tube break" for some of the people that went with us. Only catch.... they had to do the rowing.
    I love that place.