Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tucson Bound

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by BurbLover, Sep 30, 2005.

1. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Well, looks like I'll be moving to Tucson in a few weeks. Had a job offer that is just too good to be true. Anyway, for now, I'm not bringing my K5. Not sure I ever will. I'd need asecure place and a trailer to get it there. Hat eto get rid of it just yet.

So, Who's all in the close area? How far from Tucson do you go to wheel? Better yet, how close are the trails?

Thanks for chiming in ;)

2. bdozeraz

bdozeraz 1/2 ton status

There are a bunch of trails around Florence junction. Guys from Tucson and Phoenix go there all the time. There are some around Tucson, they are having the trail dust days in a week or two. There are some killer trails around Mamoth, not to far from Tuscon. You need to find a way to bring your rig because the weather is about to get nice and there will be tons of wheeling all winter.
    Brent

3. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

W.T.F Talk to me...................................
    If you need I can store some of your parts over here for you hell I may be able to store your K5 for a little while just leave me the keys so John and I can go play a little ;) What are you doing with you house there in the springs? and are you going for good with no return home to live.

Just tell me what the hell is going on you mother Fcker

4. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Well, basically I got an offer at Davis-Montham AFB in Tucson as a government contractor. Offer is way to good to be true. Actually thinking of selling everything I have except my crew cab F350 & 85 K30.

In order to bring my K5, I'd first need a trailer and also a secure place to store it. Not for sure what I'm gonna do with the K5, all of my parts in the garage (doubler, t-cases, hydro assist, etc), and my camper.

ACtually thinking of just getting out of all elements of the off-road thing and just getting a quad or bike. Who knows? Only time will tell.

And yes, I plan on leaving Colorado for good. Gonna finish fixing up th ehouse and just sell it. Don't want to deal witht hte renting thing.

5. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

If you sell the doubler stuff I will make payments to you :cool: :cool:

6. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I'll put you in line. Already have a list :D Most likely gonna sell my K5 and eveything. Looking into my future. most likely gonna end up in MO after AZ & I'm sure I'll partner up with my brother racing stock cars instead of four wheeling.

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Sorry to see you go Mark, best of luck with the new job.

We should probably have some type of send off get together before you leave.

8. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Hate to see you go brother. Keep us posted. :(

9. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Now don't get all emotional on me John ;) Btw, wanna by a K5 rig or a totally stock one? Both my K5s are going for sale.

10. fred2mihi

fred2mihi 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Movin' On----- Mark

Mark
    That is some of the crummiest news I have heard in a while!! Mark, I will always remember our few trips together as a most fine time in my wheelin' trips!!! BEST OF LUCK, you can camp at my place anytime you get to come back to "COLORADO, GODS COUNTRY, AMERICA". BYE friend! For anyone that doesn't know Mark he will give you the shirt off his back and help you put it on!
    Fred2mihi

11. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Damn Mark...this sucks.

This means I won't have another incident where my spotter takes pictures of damage that he's causing :(

Or someone to tell me to oil the u-joint AFTER I put it on...so I look like a dumbass :(

But especially someone who constantly threatens to steal back "his" $20 pickup cab :(

;)

12. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Best of luck to ya! I can just about guarantee you'll find a good group to wheel with there in AZ.

13. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I'll bet I don't :D

Actually, sold my rig, hydro set-up, doubler, etc.

All that's left is a few msic things aroung the garage. If you need any parts, ask Rich :laugh: He's getting everything I have left, which is a
    sh!tload of stuff.