Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tuff Country 6" lift Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Jan 5, 2001.

Tuff Country 6\" lift Question

I am debating on lowering my 88 Burb down, I have a 12" Superlift on it now that is 12" front springs and 8" rear with 4" block. I am thinking of the 6" TC EZ-ride front kit and keep my old 8" springs in the rear. I have the longer shackles up front that give it around 1 to 1 1/2" more in the front and the rear 8" sags a bit anyway so it should ride pretty level. My question is: Who has a 6" TC EZ ride and how do you like it? Do you think the EZ ride will handle the weight of my Burb? I am looking for a better ride, more flex, easier steering, and better pinion angles. The end result will be 6" suspension, 3" body, and cut-out flares, with 38x15.5x16.5 radials. Experience and opinions welcome. The 12" lift is going--period !!

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

1. shaneopie

shaneopie 1/2 ton status

Re: Tuff Country 6\" lift Question

I was just wondering why you do not like the 12`` lift. I was thinking about putting the same type set up on my blazer. I also have another blazer with 6`` suspension and 3`` body with 35`` boggers on 12`` rims. A fender trim is a must do because i had to trim mine and i only had 35`s. But the flex is outstanding. please let me know about the reason you dont like the 12`` lift.

2. Re: Tuff Country 6\" lift Question

Stiff springs= bad ride, pinion angles(only real way to fix is with a divorced set-up or spin the punkin for big money), steering really sucks without doing a crossover, too high to wheel unless you are just doing mud pits, and 44's are too expensive for me !! I couldn't imagine 12" lift on a shorter vehicle. I will end up with 7" to 7 1/2" in front and rear and the 3" body lift, and I have trimmed the fenders already and have cut-out flares.

3. Danivek

Danivek Registered Member

Re: Tuff Country 6\" lift Question

I have the tc 6" lift, but its the heavy duty, I had the 3" e-z ride and the springs sagged quickly. the six are obviously stiffer, but i get some very good flex, but i also have the ORD swaybar disconnect, needles to say i like the 6". I did have to cut to fit my 35x14.50 boggers
    hope this helps

4. Re: Tuff Country 6\" lift Question

Stephen says that all of the 6" springs by TC are HD, so that should help them last in the Burb and still give me some flex. I just hope my 38x15.5x16.5 on myb 16.5x12 Barts will fit with a 3" body lift and cut-outs. I think they will fit just fine seeing all of the 4" lifts with 36's. There tires are 12.50's and mine are 15.5's too. Oh well I'll just cut more away if I have to.