Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tuff Country and ORD knocks...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Texan, Jul 11, 2000.

1. Texan

Texan 1/2 ton status

Seeing how as both of these companies are generally respected and often recommended on this board this may not go over too well, unfortunatly, I have been disappointed in both the last couple of weeks and need to vent. I ordered a 4" Tuff Country lift kit for my 89' from ORD on 6/26 with high hopes of getting everything in and installed over the long 4th of July weekend. I had ordered from ORD before and was pleased with the response time then and again with this order as everything arrived on Friday 6/30. However, to my dissapointment I found that they sent me the acc. kit for pre 88' Blazers and not what I ordered (and paid $10 more for) for my 89'. I called them up and they admitted that it was their mistake and not Tuff Country that caused the mixup and I was told the difference was in the block size so I could install what I had and they would get me the correct stuff out on Monday. Again I was impressed with their honesty and willingness to fix the problem quickly. Unfortunately I found the shackle bushings in one of the Tuff Country springs to be extremly loose and, after getting a second and third opinion, decided it wasn't worth installing. Called ORD up on 7/3 and was told to take a measurement. Did that, called them again on 7/5, and they arranged with Tuff Country to send a new spring. They also said that they were incorrect about the block sizes and that the real difference in kits(and what makes 88' to 91' $10 more) was that there should have been an additional set of spring-shackle end bushings and sleeves to fit a larger bolt size. Again, they said they would get me the correct parts ASAP. What prompted this post is that I didn't receive anything until this afternoon(another weekend missed) and unbelievably I received another spring with terrible tolerences in the spring/shackle bushings, no better than what I was sending back. The real kicker, they sent me the exact same bushing set that comes standered in the front springeye instead of the larger i.d. shackle end bushings that I needed. While I am slightly dissapointed that ORD created this mixup to begin with, I can get over that and would still order from them again. What I can't believe is the lack of quality control at Tuff Country and the ineptness of whoever was responsible for correcting this order and getting me the bushings I paid for. I suspect I will miss another weekend before this mess is corrected and I can finally get what I ordered. Maybe the spring thing is just dumb luck, I don't know, but I'll give them another chance because of the endorsements of this board but the bushings, damn! It's not rocket science! Just thought y'all might want to hear a little different report about these places. Sorry to run on but I feel a little better already...

For What It's Worth,

<font color=orange>STEVE<font color=orange>[​IMG]
    89 Blazer
    67 Camaro 468
    68 CamaroSS 327
    98 GTP

2. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

maybe the guy that inspects the bushings and the orders before they go out was on vacation? i don't know. I ordered mine maybe about a month ago so i guess im lucky..hehe

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Hey, an Austinite!

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

4. Balou

Balou 1/2 ton status

Heared about Murphy's law???

I have quite long experience as a sales manager,
    believe me, we max. do 1% wrong, but this 1% allways hits the same customers. I know at least 4 customers, which didn't receive anything correct or in time the last 6 years.

From my experience in ordering US spares it seems I am one of these 1%ters. Summit delivered a Jeep shock in a GM stabi karton, LMC delivered wrong window seals, german supplier delivered 12bolt gasket instead of 10bolt, etc.
    THAT REALLY SUCKS !!!

Balou
    "Size DOES matter!!!", said the girl last night.
    http://www.balou.coloradok5.com