Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tuff Country EZ ride lift ordering info

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mr.smartass, Jun 19, 2005.

1. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

i just finished my electric fan setup and i've ordered body lift and now i want to order my suspension lift, i have an 89 half ton k5, i want a 4" tuff country ez ride lift, springs all the way around, all i need is the part numbers for the springs and a cheap/best place to order them from. And a quick check on what else i need, longer brake lines (brake lines from an 88 chevy 2wd pick will work right?), dropped pitman arm, anything else??? any tips for installing either the body or suspension lifts? and since i'm not going with blocks will i need something to correct the driveshaft angle or what? i'd like to get started as soon as possible because it's hard to find time to work on it. any help is appreciated thanks fellas.

2. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

K, I just ordered a 2" suspension lift from them. Do I need a dropped pitman arm???

3. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

oh yeah and longer shocks... i don't really know... i was wondering if i order all this seperately or is there a kit? most the kits i've seen were high and i figured i could just order the parts i needed for cheaper, like the shocks and brake lines i can get from the store i work at for my cost. and usually you need either a drop pitman arm or a raised steering arm but i think the pitman is the better way to go if i'm not mistaken... hopefully someone will chime in soon.

4. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

I know you'll need those longer shocks. I got the 2" from TC for a pretty ok deal... they're good too I hear

5. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member