Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tuff country lift kit?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 79Silv4x4, Aug 12, 2005.

1. 79Silv4x4

79Silv4x4 Registered Member

Why does a TC 3" lift kit come with a 4inch block? If I lift my burb 2 inches in the front will this 4" rear lift level it out or will it be too much?

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We'll just get you whatever block and spring kit you need, typically you would want an inch or more lift on the back of a 'burb to help level it, so we can set that up for you, no problem.

3. 79Silv4x4

Well, I ordered this stuff from you guys last week and it was shipped direct from TC. I ordered 2" springs for the front and requested a 3 inch block for the rear so that it would eliminate some of the sag. I received the 2 inch springs but they shipped box 13730 which came with 4 inch rear blocks. I measured the ride height and figured I could get by with the extra inch in the rear so I went ahead and installed everything and it sits just about right.

The problem now is that they shipped rear shock part number 61261 which is for a 2 or 3 inch rear lift. I should have received the 61301 shocks. I have already installed the incorrect shocks so what can I do about getting the correct ones?
    Thanks

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

At this point it's time to call. One thing to check 1st is to see where the shocks sit in their travel, the idea behind a taller block to get the truck to sit level is to get it to match a 2" lift so a 2-3" shock has a good chance of working out.

5. 79Silv4x4

Okay, I'll check it out and give you guys a call tomorrow.