Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tuff Country Lift springs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eldon519, May 30, 2002.

1. eldon519

eldon519 1/2 ton status

I was looking through the technical section on CK5 and came across the spring rate chart. The Tuff Country E-Z Ride springs have an insanely soft spring rate according to the chart. I'm assuming this means they'll flex alot more? Does anyone have any experience with these springs? Does the softer rate mean they will be more prone to sagging and excessive fatigue? Thanks

2. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I bought my front 4" ez rides used and they actually still sit pretty well; flex like a sumbitch. We will see how they hold up once I build my bumper and install a winch; which should add about another 150-200 pounds.

3. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I have tuff country 6'' ez-rides and they work great. When I first installed them, it was more like 7 1/2'' of lift untill they broke in (a couple weeks) and they haven't lost any height since. I wouldn't worry about them sagging, I jump the piss outta my K5 and they still hold their height. Besides, they are under a lifetime warranty!

4. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

5. eldon519

eldon519 1/2 ton status

Wow, you've got some crazy flex going on. Are the 6" Tuff Country w/ no swaybar your only mods? That truck is a beautiful sight.

6. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

i've had my 6"ers for about three months with a 454 and the only sagging was the break in period!! so far so good!!!