Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tuff country lifts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by skyblazer, Oct 10, 2000.

1. skyblazer

skyblazer 1/2 ton status

Just gettin started on my 72 blazer project. After reading the reviews and tech info, I think the tuff country ez ride 4" lift from ORD is the ticket for the front (along with the steering arm). I plan on using the ORD 4" shackle flip in the rear along with the greasable rear bushings. Here are my questions: 1) My rear springs are original I think, for just a little more money, would it be better to go with 4" lift springs? 2) The ez rides have a low spring rate of 295#/inch, and a high arc, I want a soft ride, but would axle wrap be a problem? 3) Anyone have any problems with tuff country lifts? P.S. I plan on 33" tires and this truck will probable see alot of highway miles-daily driver.

2. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

If you think the rear springs are original they may be a little tired. I guess if you think they aren't sagging too much you could go with the rear shackle flip. Rear four-inch springs would cost more than the rear shackle flip but, you would have the piece of mind of brand new rear springs. Plus, there are alot of lift kits out there that will offer a pretty smooth ride in the four-inch lifts kits.

Dazed and Confused in a 74 Blazer

Zeppelin

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

AZBLAZER has the hot setup IF you don't want to go with the shackle flip - 4" rear lift springs with Velvet Ride Shackles, as well as 4" Tuff Country front springs. Says the rear spring lift rides great.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>http:// www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I am getting a 3" from TC soon-all spring. Which bushings come with it? Just the ones in teh spring eyes? I know ORD has TC lifts, and includes the other bushings, but I didn't see the kit I was going to get.

90K5

5. skyblazer

skyblazer 1/2 ton status

ORD has tuff country lifts in a package deal that includes the spring bushings as well as the upper shackle bushings, springs, ubolts, and brakeline brackets for $205. Most packages I've seen don't have the upper shackle bushings.

6. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

I'm running a new TC 3" Front, 4" Rear Springs,, 6 new shocks from TC also,,, all I have to say is my 78
    is one ROUGH RIDING SOB!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if something's wrong, or their shocks just suck bad.
    I'm considering ordering Rancho 9000's to see how much of a difference they make.

Anyone else running TC shocks?

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Haines,Alaska