Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tuff country or bds

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85burbanator, Dec 1, 2004.

1. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

which one is a better 6" system, what one rides better and handles better off road? its for a 79 frame.

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

They are both about the same but if you can get BDS then I say get them because they have that aesome no questions asked warrenty /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

BDS, no ?'s asked lifetime warrenty

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I don't believe BDS springs to be as soft as everyone claims.

Nearly all springs have a lifetime warranty. Don't buy a warranty, buy the quality of the product.

Tuff Country all the way.

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I vote BDS.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think either one would be a good choice. I probley would go with the Tuff Country just because I'd use the ORD Shackle Flip + 3" springs for the rear and it'd be easier too call up ORD and order everything all at once. I really like the 6" front 7" rear. I prefer the rear slightly higher then the front. I think combining the ORD 4" Shackle flip with 3" Tuff Country rear springs works very well. Rides very nice.

7. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I run BDS and will never run anything else (other than a custom pack), Their warranty is in store so if you have a distributor near by there is no shipping.

8. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

I have a BDS 6" spring front suspension on my '74 K10. I like it a lot. After reading many posts like this, it seems to me that the owners of BDS springs like'em a lot, and the owners of Tuff Country springs like'em a lot. Therefore it seems to me (again) that they're both a quality product that peeps stand behind, and the selection of one or the other is opinion driven. BDS does have the fine print warranty though... Not sure if Tuff Country does or not.

Either way, I don't think you'd go wrong. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

I have BDS like them alot, havent done anything major with them yet but the preform very well /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a BDS 6" spring front suspension on my '74 K10. I like it a lot. After reading many posts like this, it seems to me that the owners of BDS springs like'em a lot, and the owners of Tuff Country springs like'em a lot. Therefore it seems to me (again) that they're both a quality product that peeps stand behind, and the selection of one or the other is opinion driven. BDS does have the fine print warranty though... Not sure if Tuff Country does or not.

Either way, I don't think you'd go wrong. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said! I also have 6" BDS springs up front. For me it was kind of like buying a good quality tool. Let's say you could buy a really nice set of wrenches, equal in quality and price but one has a warranty and one doesn't... which would you choose? I know I break things so I choose the warranty. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I think either one would be a good choice. I probley would go with the Tuff Country just because I'd use the ORD Shackle Flip + 3" springs for the rear and it'd be easier too call up ORD and order everything all at once. I really like the 6" front 7" rear. I prefer the rear slightly higher then the front. I think combining the ORD 4" Shackle flip with 3" Tuff Country rear springs works very well. Rides very nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you like the unofficial ORD spokesman??? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I've been ridin on my 4" BDS springs for almost 7 months. I love'em they ride great on-road,and flex great off-road. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

BDS!
    -Harrison

14. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

BDS, BDS, BDS.

'Nuff said

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you like the unofficial ORD spokesman??? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Why would you ask that ??? Don't you belive everyone has a right too post a opinion ??

16. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

good deal. i think ill go with the bds thanks guys