Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tuff Country Spring Rate?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eldon519, Sep 28, 2002.

1. eldon519

eldon519 1/2 ton status

I was looking at the new version of the Tuff Country website and was checking out the leaf springs under products. The site now gives the Rates but does not say what unit of measure they are in. The rates seem alot higher than I remembered so I checked the Spring Rates Table under the Tech section, and sure enough they were different. The Tuff Country springs actually now have a rather stiff spring rate listed. Does anyone know why this is? Is it in different units of measure or did they change the design of the springs? I know ORD sells Tuff Country springs because of their low advertised spring rates. Do you think it could have just been a mistake?

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Tuff country makes an EZ ride spring and a HD spring. Perhaps this could have caused the difference you've seen. For what it's worth, I have the tuff country EZs on the front and they balance out my '91 rear leaves very nicely. I'm very happy with mine!

3. eldon519

eldon519 1/2 ton status

I checked out the difference between the EZ-Ride and heavy duty spring rates as well. Tuff Country lists the EZ-Rides with 325 as the rate will I believe in the CK5 tech section for a 4" lift the rate is in the high 200s, maybe something like 295? This difference does not seem that big, perhaps they simply measured the rate in a different way.(?)