Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tuff country springs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by greg mgm, Apr 19, 2006.

1. greg mgm

greg mgm 1/2 ton status

Im going to replace the front springs on my 78 GMC truck 454 (smittybuilt bumper) I want either the 2" hd or 3" hd, but Im not sure if they will sag much. I may in the future add a winch, but that's a ways off. So, do these springs sag much, (meaning if I want a 2" lift get the 3" springs??) I asked a couple local shops about ordering the Tuff country springs, and they both immediately tried to sell me another brand, and wouldnt order the TC's. Can someone recommend a reasonably priced source in So Cal??

2. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

im running the 4" tuff country EZ rides. they gave me a little shy of 6" of lift upon installation. they've settled down to prob around 4.5-5 though after some rough treatment.

i bought my kit from http://suspensionconnection.com

pretty cheap. our vendor http://offroaddesign.com also sells the stuff and is a bit better if you wanna piece the lift together in a special way rather than buy a kit as advertised on the first site i gave you.

3. greg mgm

greg mgm 1/2 ton status

So a little over the advertised amount. That answers my question, thanks.

4. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

I have a pair of 4" tuff country's on the front of my truck and true they ride well, but after less than a month I lost an inch of lift...in fact not only would I not recommend them, I would go as far as to say, with only three leaves, yah they ride great...for a month! So...looking for 4" srings? I know where you can get a great deal...

To be fair though, they do ride really nice.