Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TUFF EZride 4" lift - 56" Rear Spring?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by seandiego619, Jan 23, 2005.

1. seandiego619

seandiego619 Registered Member

I Have begun my install of my new Tuff Country EZ ride 4" lift Springs on my 72 blazer. The Rear springs Part #19670 seems to be too short, it is pulling the rear shackle forward where the bolt is right at the front lip of the frame mount for the shackle. Is this going to be ok? i have read in the installation manual (i read the instructions actually, go figure) where there is a special note to SOME 69-72 vehicles may come special order with 56" rear leaf spring. That is Part#19671. Am I going to be ok or should i return these and get the longer springs. Also if you have done this, will the longer springs be too long for the K5 blazer under heavy compression? I may need new shackles for the longer ones maybe?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

if your pulling the shackle forward, you have the wrong springs.

measure the eye to eye distance on the old pack and the new pack. I would bet you have a 56" stock rear and a 52" new rear. the rear shackle should point toward the rear of the truck.

-Ryan

3. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

Do you have weight on the springs?

4. seandiego619

seandiego619 Registered Member

Thanks

Thanks guy's, i hadnt put weight on it like my little voice said i should and you confirmed the little voice. Sometimes i just have to stop thinking and just Get er Done! The rear spring shackle is still angled forward but not as bad.