Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tuff-Hide

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BluThndr71JMMY, May 7, 2001.

1. BluThndr71JMMY

BluThndr71JMMY 1/2 ton status

I seem to remember an aftermarket product for 1st Gen K/5s called Tuff-Hide (Tough-Hyde?) It was a kit of precut aluminum diamond tread skin peices for the lower body quarter panels. They looked tough indeed. I saw a write-up in "Chevy Truck Magazine" shortly before they got bought out by some corporate conglomerate and changed their title and editorial content to << (offshore) Squirt Truck Magazine >>, or something like that.The new management never answered my direct inquiry.
    So anyway, does anybody have a line on this product?

2. cleszkie

cleszkie 1/2 ton status

It took me a while to track down this company too, but I finally did. I saw a write up in Petersen's, but it was an old article and the contact info in the article was no good. I finally bought the panel kit for $350. I'm at work right now, and cannot remember the contact info, but will post it when I get it infront of me.

3. Sledge

Sledge Registered Member

4. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

Off road design has a forum on this board ... you can get technical info there

5. BluThndr71JMMY

Thanks Guys,
    I appreciate the input. I will be chasing these leads down and post my results, if I get lucky.

6. JST12

JST12 1/2 ton status

Cleszki,
    Can you post pics? I gotta see these!
    JT

7. BluThndr71JMMY

Appreciate the input, Man!
    I think 6 or 8 years ago they must have cost $200 or was I dreaming?
    Three and a half is reasonable in today's market -- what with local 4 wheel stores wanting 6 or 7 for a bestop, if you can still get one.
    Oh well, I've finally got it about this sport: It's a Boat turned upside down. The fibreglas Auxiliary Top makes it so. Ergo by the laws and usage of the sea, it is like a hole in the water thru which one must pour great chunks of cash in tribute to Neptune, lord of the oceans. ARRRGH
    (LOL)
    B/T71GMC