Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tuff Shed Garages?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Esteban86K5, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I am thinking of getting a tuff shed garage built on my property. I'm looking for a workshop that I can use to work on the truck and keep all of my tools and equipment. Has anyone used tuff shed before? If so, what do you think? Likes? Dislikes?
    Thanks in Adavance. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I don't have one, but they rock. We have dozens at work they use as storage units. All good quality, strong and seem to be worth the money...

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Hey Esteban... Send them a picture of your truck and maybe they will give you one for free if you drive over it for a commercial... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I started to get one, but they would not customize it...I wanted 8ft overhead doors and 9ft ceiling, which they would not do...also wouldn't build the size I wanted (24x36)...they seemed to be good quality and all, but somewhat limited to modification for what I wanted...I ended up contracting mine to a local and had it built the way I wanted with for about $1800 less than the most similar size available at the time from Tuffshed...I would have built Metal for even less, but I am Deed Restricted where I live and had to build one similar to my house (roofline, composition, etc)...I'd shop Metal buildings...just my .02.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Ya know Esteban I have a couple of small airplane hangars for sale fairly cheap... They have withstood 100 miles per hour winds... Tall enough for a monster truck...

6. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

I have a shed that i use just for storage.actually i have two and both of them are great and they are much cheaper than tuff shed.So im sure that tuff shed is even better. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

So Larry, what do these hangars look like?

8. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

The local Tuff Shed place in Colorado Springs was willing to customize a shed for me. I was thinking os the 24x36 one with a 9' door & 10' sides. The said anything of 8 foot sides was $1 per square foot more for each one foot up. that made it 2x24x36 which equaled 1728 added on to the original cost I was quoted. I didn't think that was that bad. Anyway, that's what I was told.
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif