Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tuff truck raceing in WI

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by mudhound72, Apr 19, 2005.

1. mudhound72

mudhound72 1/2 ton status

I am looking to race my tufftruck more this year in WI. The truck is nothing much but I love the thrill of it. As far as I know there is only one in the state that I know of and that is the one that my club puts on at the County fair. If you know of one let me know and I may be able to get a few of my buddys to bring there trucks also. :D

Todd

2. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Todd, you run the race in Oshkosh?? I'll be up there a few weekends this summer, we'll have to hook up.

3. mudhound72

Thoes are the ones that my club puts on and so far the only one that I have had a chance to put on. There was one at the Brown county areana this past winter, but I had to do other things that day :mad:

Here are some pics of the races a few years ago
    http://www.extremeoffroaders.com/photos/03tuff/index.htm

If you look at the pics 3/4 of the way down you can see my burb

You should throw a truck/car what ever you have laying around together and run it up here in August

I dont have the rules handy they are mostly salfty stuff

BTW are you wheeling up north in the end of May

4. mudhound72

Thoes are the ones that my club puts on and so far the only one that I have had a chance to put on. There was one at the Brown county areana this past winter, but I had to do other things that day :mad:

Here are some pics of the races a few years ago
    http://www.extremeoffroaders.com/photos/03tuff/index.htm

If you look at the pics 3/4 of the way down you can see my burb

You should throw a truck/car what ever you have laying around together and run it up here in August

I dont have the rules handy they are mostly salfty stuff

BTW are you wheeling up north in the end of May if so we may need to hook up

Todd

5. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I'll be up there some time... My sister lives in Neenah, so I visit occasionally. How's the rutting up there? I'm considering dropping my stanza on a trailer after puting some steel plate on it's belly, and dragging that up there to race. I don't think I want to kill my truck just yet, but the stanza is a pile already... just don't want to rip off the gas tank on a rock. =)

After looking at those pics... I think I'll need a full roll cage in the stanza to compete... =) Dah well... it's got the balls but not the braun...

6. mudhound72

I live about 15 min west of Neenah

Ya I would not to run a truck that you are worred about destroying, bending the frame.

I would not worry about a cage to much unless there is nothing left of the body

We have hade only a 2 guys roll but both were from screwing around at the end of there run ( doing donuts on a banked track )

There is only a few that do run a cage

I do have a few bars for my 5pt harness

When I get the rules I will post them up I think It is Aug 14 when it is

Todd