Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tuffy can kiss my ass its all about AFRO BUILT!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by afroman006, Aug 23, 2004.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Awhile back I had built a wooden center console for my burban to house my CB and be sturdy enough to sit on if need be. Well I messed up on the floor holes and it ended up not being able to be bolted down, so I lived with it for awhile but since I'm fixing to move and join an actual offroading club, I figured I needed to have something actually bolted to the floor. At first, I was just going to
    put a metal floor on the old wooden one, but after looking at it for awhile, I decided to just build a whole new one out of metal.

Since I liked the design of the original, I made it exactly the same, but with some improvements. The front uncovered area is for the switch panel, the side uncovered area is for the CB radio. The covered one is a piano hinge, welded on. It has a locking hatch on it. I plan on lining all the edges with some kind of ruber to silence the vibrating lid and clean up the apperance. The entire thing is fully welded. Best part of all, its made entirely out of 10 GAUGE STEEL /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif. No puny 16 gauge crap here. Actually, 10 gauge was the lightest stuff I had. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Enough talking, here's the pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

woah! looks good! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Fort Knox...

4. blazerpunk

blazerpunk 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifNice box.
    where did you get the latch? /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

you should bed-line it (the good stuff, like Line-X) inside and out... that thing would kick azz. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif nice work!

j

6. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

That thing looks Cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif: ...That is kind of like what I will be building under my seat to house my amps !!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gifI would add a couple of more locks to keep those "bass-turds" of of it !!!!!! You will have to be careful not to leave your alummiun beer in it to long .... you dont want to get electrolize .... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Maybe you will have to drink a good ...Racer 5 or a Hop Rod Rye , from my neck of the woods ... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif www.bear republic.com

7. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

The little latch came from Western Auto. I was just planning on spray painting it. Black on the outside and silver on the inside (to match my undercarage and so I can actually see stuff in the bottom). I'd like to bedline it but I cant afford it, getting used to the life of a poo-ass college kid is hard /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif