Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tuffy Console and Seat Covers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mastiff, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Two questions:

(1) For people with a Tuffy center console, does it mount into the existing mounting holes, or do you have to drill new ones? It seems like you'd have to use the existing rear ones at least to keep it level.

(2) Any recommendations for good seat covers for the front buckets? I'm interested in something utility oriented (i.e. waterproof). My buckets are trashed, and redoing them looks to be around $200 around here - each. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

You have to drill new holes for the Tuffy...

3. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

where are you getting the Tuffy from? I've been looking on e-bay but they go for to much, I found a place on the web that sells them for $232.00 shipped...

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

5. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

thanks for the info, looks like I can get one for $210.00 shipped... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Mastiff

[ QUOTE ]
    You have to drill new holes for the Tuffy...

[/ QUOTE ]

So how does it work? The factory one bolts to the floor in front and to some standoffs in back to keep it level. Does the tuffy come with new standoffs for the back or what? If it doesn't use any, it seems like it would sit at an angle.

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, it comes with the bracket to keep it level. The way it mounts is poor in my opinion, I wish it was more form fitting but it is a universal design so it fits other fullsizes too.

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Bah, you don't have to drill new holes in the floor. (I hate extra holes)

Drill new holes in the tuffy, and mount them to the stock bracket in back, and floorpan in front. No problems afterwards. Did it myself.

As to seat covers, "saddleman" was the only brand I could find that had near the same color as my seats (blue) but they aren't waterproof or anything, just close to the correct color.

Was a group buy on tuffy's a few years ago, maybe you can organize another?

9. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

for the seat covers check out wet okole neoprene seat covers @ www.wetokole.com

10. Mastiff

[ QUOTE ]
    for the seat covers check out wet okole neoprene seat covers @ www.wetokole.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have them in your truck? I was thinking about it, but it's $250, so I wanted to be real sure they would look good and fit perfectly. Can you pretty much just tell them "83 K5 Blazer" and they'll get the fit right?

11. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

No, I don't have them nor have I seen them personally...
    I've checked them out on their web site and will be getting them when the money is right. I also saw them on Trucks! and from what I saw there, they look like quality covers (of course it is TV)....

12. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Okole's fade out fast in the sun, but they're pretty waterproof. A buddy of mine had them in his cj5 and they were ratty looking in 2 years.

13. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

One of the ladies here at the office has a set in her IS 300 Lexus, and they look great. They look nice enough not to stick out like a sore thumb in a Lexus, so I think they would look good enough for our K5s. They have an economy set for the high back buckets that are only $69 right now. They are neoprene on the front and lycra on sides and back. The set in the Lexus are the higher level that are neoprene all the way around.

They also have rubber on the back when you have cloth seats to help stick to the seat when you get in and out of your ride. I am going to get a set some day. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif