Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tug O War Vid

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JohnDeere, Dec 7, 2006.

1. JohnDeere

JohnDeere 1/2 ton status

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  2. JohnDeere

JohnDeere 1/2 ton status

3. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Add these sled pulls to it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQxQGOu7-ls&mode=related&search=

Somebody school me: What causes the thick black smoke coming from performance diesels? Is it that there's so much fuel being forced into the engine that it comes out as black (unburned) fuel? Am I off?? What's the deal....

4. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

its full fueling before the turbo has had a chance to spoolup and give enough air to match the fuel.........so yes its black blouds of partially burned fuel. and these Mega horsepower diesels are in the same boat only the turbos never really catch up to the metered amount of fuel.............but they come close. You'll notice the color of the smoke change as the boost increases.

............and that red Dodge with the Flames on the hood and fenderes near the end....is for sale. Its been in a bunch of mags and was recently on E-bay. don't know if it sold or not, its got a hurt engine though too.

5. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

6. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

I'm heading to a diesel dyno day with about 10 buds on Sat. we'll see what happens.......the numbers don't lie ;)

I'm just slightly above stock trim with my cummins, no add fuel mods yet....so I'm no threat. but a few of the boys are hung out pretty good. ones got his D-max into the lows 12's at the track.