Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tune and peaking a CB

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Nov 21, 2000.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I had a buddy tell me a CB can be tuned and peaked for better performance ..how would this be better than like a power mike or a bigger antenna? How do you tune and peak a CB? Who does it..I know its not the most legal thing ever.. any one?

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Actually it is legal to tweak-n-peak a CB. Most CB shops will do it for you.

[​IMG]FUN WITH 31's![​IMG]

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

just take it to your local cb shop it cost me $45

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud

4. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

If you buy a new CB get it from some one that can tune it. When i bought mine that guy added the side bands and the tuning for free. He does that to every radio he sales. He tunes them all before they are sold. The radios aren't marked up either.

79 Blazer 6"lift 35's locked/4:56 http://www.keith.coloradok5.com

5. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

It takes 10 times the power to raise your signal one S unit. So 40 watts will get you putting out one more pound and burn out your finals, why? Have the radio aligned so it is running on frequency and its running at the legal limit of 4 watts (the FCC doesn't care about CBs really). The only way to really put out is to have a good antenna. A cheap radio on an awesome antenna will smoke a tuned up radio on a shitty antenna. Excessive modulation also will not help you to put out better in the distance, you'll still sound garbaled. All you need is a decent radio running right on frequency with a good antenna.

"An old Blazer never dies, they just... rust away."

6. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Blazer_Boy,

It looks like you're going with a Grant for your mobile. I'm looking for a good quality radio and have heard good things about this one. What bells and whistles do you advise on this radio. Also is there any final tuning (besides the swr) that needs to be done once it's installed?

Smitty