Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tune Propane?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Disciples Performance, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Disciples Performance

Disciples Performance 1/2 ton status

hey guys

so my blazer is CHEWING the propane really bad mainly cause the engine is misfiring and what not and i think its also using WAY to much propane im just using it till i get the SBC 400 in it but once i get the 400 in how do u tune a propane system???

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

what is your setup? used parts? They say as propane parts wear, the internal passages simply wear out and let more fuel flow, thus they wear out. Tuning, all I've ever been told there is to tune with is the idle screws on your carb base, and using vacuum to your regulator.

3. Disciples Performance

Disciples Performance 1/2 ton status

dont really know bought it with the setup in it looks like it was put in back in 94 so it is 12 yrs old now can u rebuild the system or do u get a rebuilt one for cheaper?

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

look on ebay, there are rebuild kits for regulators/vaporizers, and mixers on there pretty often. this is my guess, but I don't have my setup running yet, maybe someone else has better insight.