Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tune up issues

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by therover87, Jun 24, 2001.

1. therover87

therover87 1/2 ton status

i have an 87 k5 and i replaced the wires with msd 8.5mm, i have the msd hei coil, the cap and rotor, i have ac delco rapidfire spark plugs but for some reason my truck is running very rough at idle and it seems like there is a lack of power, there is a backfire through my exhaust as well any help would be appreciated

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Sounds like you have a plug wire installed wrong. Check to make sure your wires are in order

3. Chaotical

Chaotical Registered Member

From what I know about putting a different Ignition system on.. you have to have a Spark Plug with a higher resistant arch.. modified plugs won't run as well when your pushing alot of juice through them... a standard 99 cent plug will work better then a , split fire, quad split or rapid fires, or even platinum plugs... .....

85 Jimmy 4" Lift, 3" body bought have not installed yet, Dana 44, 14bff,
    37" SSR's Yes they FIT with a 4" lift and don't rub.

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Check your plug wires first, then if that doesn't get you anywhere, pull your plugs and see if you bashed an electrode closed while you were installing them.

I'm so poor I can't even pay attention [​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>http://pugsley.alloffroad.com</A>