Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"tuning" the hydraulic 465 setup

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Apr 17, 2002.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

\"tuning\" the hydraulic 465 setup

Not that I am this far along yet, but Dorian mentioned awhile back that there are ways to "tune" the hydro setup. While I have it out, and can still get to it easily, what should I do?

Is there any info out there to tell me what to do? I didn't notice anythig obvious while searching...

Thanks again...

-Dan

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: \"tuning\" the hydraulic 465 setup

Well, on mine, some of the "tuning" I could do was because it was an "aftermarket" master cylinder. The pushrod that went to the pedal actually had an eye that was threaded on, adjustable for depth. Since the hole wasn't large enough to fit over the clutch pedal attachment, I assume what they did was try and make at least the pushrod generica between vertain models of GM vehicles. Basically, I just threaded it on there far enough to work, opened the hole up a bit, and went with it.

Bleeding the system is kind of a pain though..I think I saw on here (maybe) that you can fill the slave cylinder up manually, then connect the feed line to it, while fluid is running through it, or something like that.

I've seen an article in "Corvette Fever" about bleeding the *slve* (sorry) cylinder, and it is entirely different than the way GM says to do it, which doesn't work for squat. I know I saved the article somewhere, but I shoulda scanned it /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Slave cylinder bleeding here doesn't look like a bad thing to try http://www.v8archie.com/arch4.htm

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

Re: \"tuning\" the hydraulic 465 setup

if you are using all factory peices it is bolt n go.
    bleeding the slave requires pulling it out of the bracket and holding it vertical.
    I fought with it for a long time before reading those instruction.