Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

turbo 350 deep pan

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by slider, Oct 9, 2006.

1. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

I am looking at installing a deep alum. pan on my trans, 2 extra quarts and am wondering about
    1 Did it help drop the trans temp?
    2. Do I need a filter extension to drop the filter deeper into the bottom of the pan.
    3. Alum. or steel pan better?
    I have a remote filter set up and a stacked plate cooler, they both help but I think the deep alum. pan will also help with the heat and my stock pan has a slight leak and its time to service the trans. My biggest concern is filter extension. I am sure someone here has done this. Thanks for the replies

2. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

1.temp wise, i don't know
    2.some use an ext some don't i prefer it myself, most aftermarket pans come w/ one
    3.alum. seals better cause it is thick, & alum disapates heat faster

3. chevyguybc

chevyguybc 1/2 ton status

do you have a trans temp gauge, and it runs hot? is this why your so worried

4. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

I tow a 28 foot travel trailer a couple of time a year and the fluid temp gets up to 200 degrees sometimes. I had wondered about the deep pan, the increased ammount of fluid should help drop the temp. Do you have a aluminum pan?