Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

turbo 350 questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cwn anwyn, May 31, 2003.

1. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

After reading all the other swap posts Im still trying to figure things out. I have a th350c in the truck currently(I think). Everytime I've worked on it Ive bought 350c parts and it has a 350 pan. But when I've talked to some shops about rebuilding or replacing it they keep trying to tell me I have a 700r4. I do have 4 gears(overdrive). I started to lose different gears on the truck like overdrive and drive. What can I swap in temporarily while I rebuild the original. I have the stock np208 right now. I found a 700 in a junk yard out of a 85 p/u. Would that bolt right in? Any help would be greatly appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Thanks
    z

2. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

if it has OD then it is the 700R4..... if i was u, id swap in a th350 or th400

NITRO

3. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

yeah thats what i did the 700R4 to TH350 swap and i like a lot i did lose some MPG's but hey performance comes at a price(gas) /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

4. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Up to '81 will have a Th350C. The TH-350C has a square pan with one corner cut off. It will also have a wiring plug on the driver's side. On the passenger side will be the modulator with a vacuum line running to it.

A TH-700R4 will be from 1982-91 (renamed to 4L60 in 90 or 91). It has a square pan and a wiring connector on the driver's side. There will be no modulator, but instead a cable running to the carb/tbi that regulates line pressure based on throttle position.

A TH350C may seem like having an extra gear because the convertor will lockup once you've reached cruise with 3rd gear.

The hot 700R4's to get start from 87 1/2 on up. Be sure to make sure the TV cable from whatever year you get is the same as what you have. If it is indeed a 700R4.