Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

turbo 350c

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gmcjimmy90, Jun 24, 2006.

1. gmcjimmy90

gmcjimmy90 Registered Member

sorry not blazer related. I just put a used 350 lock up in my malibu and the lock up is engaging in third gear but it isn't plugged in. is this normal? i do have the plug for it does anyone know how to wire it up on a toggle switch? or have a better (easy) way?
    thanks

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I know on the 700's some people have them "modified" (apparently just a check ball in the TCC solenoid snout) that may have happened with yours. They also sometimes FAIL locked up, but from the later FWD transmission I've seen this happen to, they stay locked up in all gears, which stalls the engine.

I don't believe it's normal, although the TH350C is not a transmission many people mess with, so there doesn't seem to be a lot of knowledge around about them.

3. gmcjimmy90

gmcjimmy90 Registered Member

thanks i am going to just try and find a regular turbo 350 but atleast the tranny was free.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Is there any real reason not to run it as is?

It should still kick down when you nail the throttle, so it really won't hurt acceleration, unless the difference is too much/noticeable in the 2-3 shift?