Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

turbo 400 to nv4500

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Guipo, May 4, 2006.

1. Guipo

Guipo Registered Member

I have a turbo 400, will a nv4500 mount up with my current crossmember. I have a 6.2 diesel, and I know the pain in putting in a 5 speed, but aside from the pedals and stuff, it should just mount up right?

Guipo
    85 Chevy blazer, 6.2L Diesel Turbo 400 NP208

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You'll need a flywheel, clutch and pressure plate, the pedals and clutch release stuff (either mechanical or hydraulic)

You'll also need an aftermarket bellhousing (advance adaptors)

The 208 will bolt right up to the NV4500...

Rene

3. Guipo

Guipo Registered Member

Well The reason I ask, is that I'm getting a 6.5L Turbo with a NV4500 for 500 dollars. Its stock on the truck. So it should just mount on. The problem for me is, its off a 93 Chevy truck, and I have a 85 Blazer. So Its gonna take some adjustments, but what I really would like to know is if it'll mount up to my crossmembers with the mount point.

Guipo

4. tRustyK5

The 6.5 should mount up without any trouble, although you may need to swap some 6.2 motor mounts on the 6.5. I doubt the '93 mounts on the 6.5 line up with the earleir mounts on the truck. The 6.2 does drop right into sbc mounts though.

As for the tranny crossmember, you'll likely have to move it forward or back to get it to line up with the NV4500 mounting points. Height of the crossmember and style of mount may also need to be figured out...

The problem with the factory NV4500 bell is the clutch slave cylinder is on the passenger side and you'll likely have clearance problems with the front driveline.

Rene

5. Guipo

Guipo Registered Member

I was assuming that the nv4500 came stock on 93 chevy 5 spd diesels with a 3/4 ton chasis. I'm hoping since its in this chasis, some of the details have been worked out. I'll just have to see.

6. tRustyK5

Well, the biggest problem is the '93 is the newer body style. Not hard to overcome, but also not going to be a straight forward deal either.

Rene

7. Guipo

Guipo Registered Member

If this turns out to be the case, what do you reccomend to take care of the Clutch Slave Cylinder?

8. tRustyK5

The easiest way to overcome that is to buy an aftermarket bellhousing from Advance adaptors. They range from $350 to $500 IIRC just depending on what application they're for. Mine was at the lower end of the scale as far as cost.

Rene