Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Turbo 400???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by OffRoader93, Jan 18, 2004.

1. OffRoader93

OffRoader93 1/2 ton status

What kind of quality are those TCI Turbo 400 4x4 transmission you can order out of summitracing? Also, what is the difference between a lock-up transmission and a non-lock-up transmission? Thanks.

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Any TCI transmission should be a good one. Especially a T 400 one.

With the T 400 you won't have to worry about lock up converters. Those apply more to the OD trannies out there.

You are dang near a neighbor /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Cool, more Illinoisie people. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

what do the tci tranny's run? Are thy real $$$$ or decent, I have a spare tranny and buying another one in a week so I am good for now, but still curious. I really like the t-400 but I am biased being that I cant seem to kill mine so far /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I personally don't like TCI transmissions. I have a buddy with a 66' chevelle...blown 350 with about 600HP, TCI th400 built to the gills, non sticky tires, a stock rearend, and a guy that drives like a grandma. It blew up after about 10K and TCI wouldn't replace it. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Check around with some local tranny shops. Turbo 400 rebuilds are pretty cheap and even a stock one will take a LOT of abuse. Plus it's much less hassle to drop in at the local place if there's a problem than it is to pull out the tranny and ship it back to someplace across the country and have your rig down while you wait to find out if they'll warranty the tranny. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif