Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Turkey anyone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 87Blazerlady, Dec 5, 2002.

1. 87Blazerlady

87Blazerlady 1/2 ton status

We got about 6 inches of snow today. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif The turkey still found their way to the bird feeders, though. There were about 35 of them and we see them most everyday. The picture at the back where you see what looks like black stones or tree stumps are turkey.

[​IMG]

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

You have that many turkeys in your yard and you never take one , just one for the holidays????I'd ba all about setting up a tree stand or a blind....hehehehehehe!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 87Blazerlady

I don't think Pa allows blinds with turkey hunting. And I've never heard of Leo sitting in a tree stand for that either. Redneck that he is, he just points the shotgun out the bathroom window and he gets a turkey. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Believe it or not, he got 2 birds with one shot last time. Will probably need one for Christmas, though.
    Those birds must be real dumb. Leo shoots 1 or 2 one day and they are back the next.
    This is a great place for a hunter. Leo has a tree stand about 100 yards away from the house. He went to put bird seed out and a doe comes crashing through the woods and right behind her was the buck. He cursed that he didn't have his gun. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif It happened a couple days ago. I don't even know if it is still deer season or not.
    BTW Those pictures were taken out the bathroom window. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif omg. damn. i hafta go like 2 hours from here to get to my ranch and another few days before we even see anything. lol. the most we get are hogs which we catch in the trap and eat em later on that nite. mmmmmmm wild hog. damn i want some now. the backstrap is soooo damn good. later.

jacob

6. 87Blazerlady

I think the long trips away from everything is what most guys probably like. To actually bring home something is gravy. The woods here supply Leo's escape.....BUT...I bet when you go 2 hours away, you don't hear lawn mowers and back road traffic. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wild hog. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I picture an open fire with a big ole pig hanging over it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Do you ever do that?

7. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

yeah thats the cool thing. i don't hear all the unnecesary crap that i hear in town. naw we don't do that to the hog. we quarter up the meat and then cut the backstrap and cook it for dinner then take the hams home and give the ribcage to the locals in the lil town outside of our ranch. its cool. they'll take it if its already skinned and all. so no waste of them hogs. buzzards even eat the hide. lol. later.

jacob

8. 87Blazerlady

kewl /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif