Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

turn arund time on doubler

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Seventy4Blazer, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

when my mother calls ya up with my credit card number about how long am i looking until shipment on a doubler chevy 203 to chevy 205 with 2 inch up rotation, tripple stick setup, and a short input shaft?
    thanks.
    Grant

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

At this point, we're down to about a week to a week and a half, we're really working on getting caught up this spring. We hope to actually have a few Doubler kits in stock.

When she calls in, we need to know what trans you're going to use so we can get you the right shifter. We also need to know if you need just the input gear or if you need the complete input conversion kit. And we need to know the bolt pattern on the front of your 205, if it's the fig8 or round pattern.

PS. I know you're just doing your job over there but thanks for doing it.

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i didnt know i needed to let her know about what xmsn, i will let her know that as well. it will be delayed a bit due to my taxes are a lil FUBAR. ether way im getting the doubler and twin stick, for my SM465, and i need just the input shaft. ill let her know this all though, but this way if you are on the phone maybe it will chime in....

as for being over here, yes im doing the job, and you are welcome. thanks for the suport.

Grant

4. Stephen

OK,
    GM203
    GM205
    Fig 8 bolt pattern?
    2" up rotation?
    SM465 transmission with stock SM465 to 203 adapter housing
    Input gear only for the conversion, you source the bearing and the seal and gasket kit

Make sure the "?" items are addressed and we're good to go.

5. GREENEJEEP

GREENEJEEP Registered Member

Man, I would love to run a doubler. I am currently running a 208 slip yoke connected to my t-400. I have an extra 205 in the garage, it's a 8 track pattern with a 10 spline input. I started picking up all the 203's I could get my hands on, but not one had a 32 spline input for my t-400, they must be rare. :frown1:

6. Stephen

A little rare yes, but still out there. In your case it may be easier to pick up a TH350 version NP203 and put a new input gear in it, we carry the gear for the 203 and the input conversion for your 205 to make it 32 spline. Then you can re-drill the front face of the 203 to bolt to your 208 adapter and put it together pretty easy. You may be closer than you think.

7. folkenheath

folkenheath Worthless Trash Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have a TH400/NP203 combo for sale if you need it. It comes with the short adaptor for the TH400/NP203 as well, to make the shortest doubler. Also, it has the TH400 with the rear shaft sticking out 2 1/2" to go into the 203 gearbox. That is what you need. I am not sure if the NP208 style TH400 you have has the longer tailshaft or the one you need?

It's in a crate ready to ship if you want it, send me your e-mail address via PM or something.

8. GREENEJEEP

GREENEJEEP Registered Member

Thanks Stephen, I may need to price that out. My B-day is coming up real soon here. :xmas:

Thanks Flokenheath, pop me an e-mail with the price tag.:grin:

Greenejeep@msn.com