Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Turn/Hazard flasher block?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73k5blazer, Jul 7, 2006.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Does anybody have a source for a turn signal/hazard flasher block? Just a small mountable block with just the locations for the hazard and turn flashers? I know alot of places sell fuse blocks with them integrated, but I want a nice clean block with just the turn and hazard flasher? Anybody ever seen anything like that?
    I have the little 90degree 56 series connectors that fit the flasher, but there's no way to mount those and I'd rather not have them hanging off the harness, I'd like them fixed to somthing. I'm running aircraft grade potter&brumfield breakers in my electrical system in lieu of a fuseblock, hence no location for the flashers.

2. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

NAPA used to sell holders that had wires on them that we used for hooking up flashing lights on undercover cars. If they don't try your local cop supply place or ask Volunteer Firemen.

3. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'd Check Painless Wiring for that

4. 73k5blazer

I looked at painless, they didn't have anything like it. But I'll check Napa, I think I bought something last year for a cop/fire supply place...I check those out. Thanks!

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I remember selling some of those to the local volunteer firemen when I worked at parts stores..I think Signal-Stat or Dietz ,or Grote makes them..cant recall exactly what brand I used to get for them..

If that fails,you can buy 2 or 3 prong flasher/headlight replacement harness plugs at most parts stores in the "HELP" section,or from "Standard" ignition products..

6. 73k5blazer

I found a truck-light (trucklight bought out signal-stat) one I like, it's not a double, just a single, but has screw mounts like I wanted. I can just get 2 of them. A nice simple mount. Anyhow, I can't find anyplace that sells trucklight stuff. They don't even have a list of distributors on their website. I called a couple local accessory places and they can get certain truck-light stuff (mirrors and some lights), but not their full line. Seems kinda of silly, to make this stuff and have limited distribution options.
    Truck-light 9183 flasher base. Comes uponly 2 hits on goggle, niether place sells to public. Any idea where to get this stuff?
    The headlight connectors will fit the flashers, but there's no way to mount them, the terminals stick out the back so you couldn''t screw it down the center.

7. Metrodps

I will look around for you here in Toledo and see what I can find for you. I will check NAPA store where we used to get them and go to the cop shop. Will let you know on Tuesday don't do anything yet!!

See what I can come up with 73k5blazer

8. 73k5blazer

Hey thanks! Wow. Ok.
    I stopped at the local napa. They sell peterson stuff. No cross-reference to the 9183 mountable flasher base though, and thumbing through the catalog, no flasher bases period.

9. 73k5blazer

Oh...BTW...I'm driving back through Toledo Friday afternoon/early evening....if you find something......

10. Metrodps

OK so far I can't find one but have to go to NAPA. However I got you a part number NAPA lighting number 9183. Will try calling around for ya.

11. 73k5blazer

Thanks alot for checking! I think get a similier Cole Herse one from terminalsupplyco.com, but they aren't sure it has the bracket as thier picture doesn't show it, but the part number says it should....
    I'm still looking though..