Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Turn signal problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BamBamblazer, Jan 24, 2004.

1. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

On my plow truck the passenger side front signal has not worked since i got it. So today i decided i would fix it but i can figure it out. The turn signal on the front passenger side isn't getting power. I tried to just jump accros the wire going to the rear but no go. So i put a test light between the wire going to the frant and the one going to the rear and the test light flashed, so correct me if i am wrong but doesnt that indicate that the front is grounding out somewhere? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Are you talking about the small 194 bulb on the side? I know here the salt gets in them real bad and the terminals In the socket break apart inside the plastic. Splice another socket on it.

3. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

No i mean the entire front corner. The parking light will work but not the turn signal. I checked the wire(i think it was the right one) at the firewall and no power. but when i jump accross the rear wire , which does work, still nothing?????

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

does the plow lights have a turn signal? I would check to see were they spliced the plow light in. If they used one of those clamp on quick connecters, It could have corroded and opened the circuit.

5. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

well you can pull the conneter apart that should be about 10"'s from the firewall fuse block in the motor area...and test it there ...If you don't get any power there then try the backtracking from there But I bet that it might be the turn signal switch in the colum (s/p) worth a shot.. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif