Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

turn signal question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MilpitasK5, Jan 29, 2003.

1. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Is there a way to adjust you turn signal? When I signal for a left turn, it's fine/normal but when I signal for a right it clicks off right away (with the slightest turn of the wheel).
    Really petty but it just buggs me... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    TIA

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Is your steering wheel straingt? The tab that causes the turnsignal to click off on on the wheel. If the wheel is straight then the cam or possibly the assembly is bad. Common part and about $35 to replace the how switch assembly. If it's just the cam it is about $8.
    Pull the wheel and take a look.

3. MilpitasK5

It's always been pretty crooked. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    Is there a way to try to straighten it on my own. If there's posts up just say yeah, and I'll search!
    Thanks Grim. Oh yeah, is that cam or tab in the column? How hard is it to get to? I bet pretty hard!

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Get the wheels pointed straight and then adjust the drag link till the steering wheel is straight. The drag link is the short link between the steering arm on the axle and the arm on the steering box. The pin that disengages is on the botom of the steering wheel. cant see it till the whell is removed. It's not adjustable up there and the steering wheel only goes on one way. From your discription the drag link adjustment will solve your problem.

5. MilpitasK5

Thanks!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Chris, I can help you get your wheel back straight again so that your turn signals don't click off on you. You will also be able to turn both left and right the same amount again. Depending how far off your steering wheel is from being centered because of lifting the blazer and not adjusting the drag link you should be able to turn farther in one direction than the other and adjusting the drag link will fix that as well.

7. MilpitasK5

Right on Scott!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Lemme know when you got time... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif