Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Turn signal question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by drchan, May 12, 2003.

1. drchan

drchan Registered Member

I'm not sure what you call it but i wondering if any of you 1st Gen guys have the signal switch that turns off after you complete the turn. I have the one were you have to manually turn it off after you turn. Am i making any sense. I don't have tilt if that matters. do they make a switch that will fit my application. what exactly is it called. its not a big deal but sense my K5 is not my daily driver i'm always driving 2-3 miles with my signal light on(cause i forget to turn it off) gets kinda annoying.

2. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

That is the signal cancel. You can get them new from LMC, Chevy duty, etc. for around $10.

3. drchan

drchan Registered Member

ohhh, that's what you call it! shouldn't be to hard to hook up should it?

4. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yeah - how do you fix this? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. Blazerholic

Blazerholic Registered Member

I beleive that it's also referred to as the turn signal cam. I'm also pretty sure you have to pull the steering wheel to install the new one. Shouldn't be too hard, but then again, there's that old adage that says "the cheaper the part cost, the bigger the pain in the *ss it is to install " . /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. BLAZEN70

BLAZEN70 Registered Member

Just replace the cam. Its pretty easy to do. I replaced mine and it took less than an hour.

7. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Not a cam. There are two little springs in the column that cancel the blinkers. They are very inexpensive, and easy to replace.

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Not a cam. There are two little springs in the column that cancel the blinkers. They are very inexpensive, and easy to replace.

[/ QUOTE ]

YEP...easy as long as you know what they are supposed to look like when they're installed!!! I bought the springs from ChevyDuty and then sat there like a dumba$$ wondering where they went....my column had NO springs in it so there was nothing to compare against. I finally gave up and bought a replacement column (used) since mine had other problems anyway.....

I think I have pics of how the springs are supposed to look/fit if you decide to try putting them in.....

9. 72yellow

72yellow Registered Member

I have the same problem, I don't bother using them. Haven't found too many people that disagree on where I want to go. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

10. brandoneh

brandoneh 1/2 ton status

My turn signal turns off when i take rights but not lefts....kind of weird!

11. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My turn signal turns off when i take rights but not lefts....kind of weird!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, one spring is broken. That's how mine was when I got it.

12. drchan

drchan Registered Member

for a while(recently) when i would signal left or right both lights on the bezel would blink like the hazards were on, but when i step out of the k5 just one blinker would be going left or right depending on which way i signaled. i think most of my problems stem from this GT steering wheel that is grinding really bad every time i turn. it was on there when i got the blazer. it's on it's way out as soon as i get another wheel.