Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

turn signal wiring harness??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sosamantx, Dec 1, 2002.

1. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

what do you call the harness that is for the turn signals, high beams etc.? i'm really thinking mine is bad and want to price it. also, my truck won't start as well, and i'm really thinking the harness still. anyway, does anyone know where to get one?? i'm looking around at http://www.chevyduty.com/frame-store.html , but don't see it. many thx, steve

2. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

the wiring plug at the firewall separates into two sections, the front lighting harness and the engine harness. the starter wiring would be in the engine harness. To replace both you would need both sections of harness.

3. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

i guess what i meant to say, is i'm looking for the name (probably doesn't matter), of the harness that's in the steering column. i have tilt steering, that's why i'm really thinking it's the harness. however, i have not really checked the turn signal issue (just know it blows fuses), and now the starting problem. i just want to price it (if i can find it), just in case.

4. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Chilton's calls it a multi-function switch, but i found mine at Napa and AutoZone under wiper switch. Its the switch and wiring harness that run through the column.

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

It's not a separate harness...the wires are part of the turn signal assembly, although you could *probably* get the wires out, its not worth it.