Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Turn signal wont hold.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fireinthehole, Mar 26, 2002.

The turn signal will hold to turn right, but not left. It works but I half to hold it there. I have the wheel, and lock plate off, but I cannot tell why it wont stay. Has anyone fixed this or replaced the turn signal assembly? I have a picture of it on my webshots, maybe someone can look at it and tell.
    Thanks
    P.s.- how do you link your personal website/ pictures to your post?

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

there are two small springs with coils in them. I believe those are both for canceling and holding the lever in place. More than likely one of the two is broken, and also about as likely, if not broken, when you try to remove them, they will lol.

BUT if its the springs, just about any GM column will have the exact same springs, so no worries there if you have a 'yard close by.

2. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

when i lifted mine, it turned the wheel to the side, b4 i adjusted the draglink. it did the same thing

then i adjusted the draglink, and its fixed

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i had the same problem untill i got the steering wheel centered again...just adjust your drag link till you wheel is centered again and you should be good to go

4. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Same thing happened to mine. Autozone sells the replacement springs for a couple of bucks.

5. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

What is a turn signal? I live in Utah and I don't think I've seen one before. Sorry I can't help here.

tom