Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Turn Signal....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bking, Jan 12, 2002.

1. bking

bking 1/2 ton status

I've an 85 K5, my left hand turn signal is playing up. All lights work as normal, the ones in the grille, sidemarker etc. But when I turn the turn signal lever as if to turn left, the front left(grille) and side marker lamps don't flash, neither does the lamp on the dash, but, the rear left works as normal. The front and side marker lamps are lit, as normal, just don't flash.
    Ideas anybody?

2. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

find the turn signal switch connector at the base of the steering column, check with a test light and find the four turn signal wires, left front, left rear, right front, right rear, if you find all four, the problem is in the wiring, if you can't find the left front it's a bad turn signal switch. if it does appear to be in the wiring, it's probably under the dash because it has to be before the dash indicator light, could just be a loose connector

'95 Chevy Silverado 1500
    5.7 V8-NV4500- 3.73 rears
    See My Toys: <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/wdb172454>http://community.webshots.com/user/wdb172454</a>

3. bking

bking 1/2 ton status

Also, I tried my 4 ways as a quick check, same thing, no left hand turn sig ind on the dash, no front L sidemarker lamp flash, and no front left (Grille) flash, but the fr L sidmarker, and Fr L grille lights are lit as normal. Agggg