Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TURN SIGNALS NOT WORKING

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TB2Blazer, May 27, 2003.

1. TB2Blazer

TB2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I have and 85 K5 Blazer and whenever I put the blinkers on either to the left or to the right both lights start blinking like I turned the hazards on or something. Also when I hit the brakes it does the same thing the same lights (hazards) come on, they don't blink but say on until I let up on the brake. Anyone have any idea whats wrong?

2. TB2Blazer

TB2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Anyone have any clue as to what could be wrong?

3. gumneck

gumneck Registered Member

Somebody's gonna post to help you out. I probably won't be much help but right off the bat it sounds like a bad ground. As for which wire is your ground I guess a Hayne's or Chilton's is in order. I have a Hayne's but haven't found it real specific to the 1991 Blazer. If no one else post back I'll check to see if my Hayne's book has your wiring diagram.

Tom

4. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

probably something in the column. All those lights...,blinkers, flashers, and brake lights run thru your column.

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

So when was the motor out? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back side of the passenger side head is a ground strap that bolts to the fire wall. Check that. Bad flasher relay could also cause that, check all your fuses.

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Any chance the column was swapped out for a different year? Some wiring changed, that would be an obvious problem if the column wiring didn't match up. If it looks original, or you know it is, you dont need to worry, its a long shot.

7. deek

deek 1/2 ton status

I would find the wire that comes off your break light switch, the one that only has power when the pedal is pushed, follow it & see if it's stripped at any point or melted to any other wires, I would also say check the wiring in your colom but I don't think the break light wires go throught there, if the wiring in the colum looks bad, just go to auto-zone or somewhere & pick up a new switch, it contains all the wiring for the colum

http://www1.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=C001&UserAction=performMoreDetail&Parameters=TRUE%7C%7ETURN+SIGNAL+SWITCH%7C%7ENONE%7C%7EWELLS%7C%7ENONE%7C%7EFALSE%7C%7EFALSE%7C%7E190476%7C%7E1633%7C%7ESW1075%7C%7ENONE%7C%7E%2429.99%7C%7EGMC+TRUCK%7C%7EJIMMY+4WD%7C%7E1973%7C%7ENONE%7C%7E0.32%7C%7EEA%7C%7EB)