Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Turn signals

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ColAdo82K5, Sep 11, 2000.

1. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey all,
    I think my turn signal lever is busted. The blinkers used to work fine and then slowly stopped working like they were supposed to. (Like they wouldn't turn off after a turn) Now they don't work at all. What is the most common problem with these blinker systems and how do i fix it ????
    Blake

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Have you checked your blinker fuse? It's the big round silver or plastic thing on your fusebox. Most trouble with signals can be fixed by replacing this fuse.

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

It sounds like a turn signal cam inside your steering wheel. The lever won't return to its normal position. They get old and crack.You can buy the part at Autozone for about 10 dollars. You need to remove the steering wheel, and the lock plate, read the instructions carefully and have fun. Make notes of where stuff goes in there cos its a real pain in the ass to put back together! good luck.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim