Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

turned the key- and she purrrrrrrrrred!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudNurI, Dec 2, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Well, the truck's been sitting now for almost 3 full weeks..(okay been longer than that, but hasn't be started in 3 weeks)...last few nights it was down in the teens, pretty darn cold, wind whipping around etc.

This morning I decide to see if she will start. Of course, my carb is still screwed up, have to hold the throttle down to keep it running till it reaches operating temps...I'm thinking she wont start. cold, bad carb, hasn't run in 3 weeks, doesn't like the cold anyway...

so I jump in- 5 pumps on the pedal, turn the key, 3 pumps on the pedal and VROOOOOOM VROOOOOOOOM she starts up, pop it into neutral, clutch out, rest foot on gas a bit, and she stays running... NO smoke, no rumbling, no hesitation, this tired 305 has almost 180K on it, it started easier than our D/A this morning....Couldn't believe it, just had to share, let her run for about 45 minutes, drove it around the circle and put her back in her spot on the lawn next to the garage...

Think I better remember to start it up more often or it might not be happy with me!

Brandy

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I love when my truck is forgiving...I just towed a 5200lb van on a 1000lb trailer 500+ miles yesterday. She seems to run better after putting her to work and burning all that gas through the system. Those wondering yes its a heavy load but those of us with sm465's and 350's who have a perfect torque/ HP band at 65mph can do that.

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

she purrrrrrrrrred! - you say ?

It's good to hear an old tired engine fire up and run.
    Makes it seem like everything is "right-in the world",
    even if it's just for a trip around the block.

*fighting back trears*
    I miss hearing that "wrrrr, Vrooom, VROOOM!", from my 'ol '67 camaro.
    Someday...... She'll be back out on the streets, right where she belongs.
    Untill then, I still have the memories...
    *sobb*