Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Turning fuses keeps blowing

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nate87k5, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Nate87k5

Nate87k5 Registered Member

Turn signals work fine until I put the truck into reverse. Once I put it in reverse it blows the fuse. What gives. Thanks for any responses.

2. BB454

BB454 1/2 ton status

Turning signals and reverse light switch share the same fuse - A short in the reverse light wiring could be the problem. If you are running additional reverse light you might want to check there first.

3. Nate87k5

Nate87k5 Registered Member

Just one set of reverse lights. The originals. How do I find the short?

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I would start at the bulbs and work you way forward. If you have a trailer harness on the truck check that. THe tail light harness runs up the driver side frame rail. Just in front of the bumper it T and runs through the tail pan ( part where the hinges to the tail gate bolt too) to the passenger side. If the truck has ever been rear ended might be some wires damaged. The harness passes through a few holes in the tail pan. I would look to see if possibly the insulation has been worn off and it's grounding out.

5. AmericanFreak

AmericanFreak Registered Member

Mine did the same thing it turned out to be the trailer wirng i got pissed and just cut them all off and taped em up problem solved now i cant tow anything "legally" but i still do not far though.