Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Turning my 72 into a 1 ton

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by EricM, Apr 15, 2001.

1. EricM

EricM Registered Member

Hi
    I just bought an 85 k30 with a dana 60 and 14 bolt rear. I will be putting the axles into my 72 jimmy with 5 inches of lift in the next couple weeks I also want to swap over the hydro boost braking system. I know some of you have done this conversion can any of you give me any insight into any problems that I might have or any other parts I might want to get off the k30.

Thanks
    Eric

2. CST-30

CST-30 Registered Member

I have done this on my 69 stepside and it's pretty much a bolt in,on the rear you will have to move the spring pads and shock mounts will have to be moved and reshaped, the front bolts right in,as far as the hydro boost what is the advantage of using it over the current vacume setup?

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>If you had to re-weld the spring pads, your 14 bolt was from a 73-87 3/4 ton truck. I have an 83 1 ton 14 bolt in my truck and I only had to re-weld the shock mounts.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]