Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Turris coal mine plant in Elkhart IL

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Apr 1, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

anmyone know anything about the new coal mine plant thats going ot be built through 2007 starting this summer in Elkhart IL ?
    i need ot know alot of things liek what company is in charge of building it and who will be in charge of finding and hiring the construction workers and so forth, i tried calling Turris coal mine and also the Village of Elkhart Town Hall and got no answer at either location, i live about 8 miles from Elkhart, i want to find out if i have a chance of getting employed as a worker for this project, i dont know how all that kind of stuff works, maybe someone here reading this does know, what should or can i do ?
    thanks

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

or maybe someone would know what union would be involved with this ??

thanks

3. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

My guess would be if they are building a new plant, they would have the typical construction unions involved - laborers, plumbers, electrical, etc. You may be able to get into the laborer's union, have you talked to any of the local unions about work?

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

well there are no local union offices/headquarters or anything like that here, not a single one, everything is out of town away from here,

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif