Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TV Cable???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ledzoso, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Ledzoso

Ledzoso Registered Member

Maybe a dumb question...new to the 700R4...What is a TV cable? Another thread I posted about new intake came with several replies about adjusting the TV cable and how much of a pain it is. Can some one give me an over-view on this situation? How to adjust it? Thanks....

2. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

check out bowtieoverdrives.com . They helped me out alot when I did my 700r4 swap in my 75 years ago. they have a great tv cable and adapter that adjusts and mounts on the carb. Plus they work with you on the adjustments so you don't destroy your tranny.

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Adjusting your TV cable isn't a pain it is very easy. Not adjusting it is a pain because running one out of adjustment will kill your tranny.
    I rember your other post.
    Your stock cable should work with a TBI adapter. You may have to do a little fabrication or bend on the cable bracket but it should be long enough. read that TV made easy link in above post so you understand how important the TV cable is to your trans.
    There are a lot of sites that have info on 700R4 and TV cables just do a search on 700r4 TV cable adjustment.