Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TV Cable?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by det45, Jan 22, 2001.

1. det45

det45 1/2 ton status

Which cable on the throttle cable bracket is the TV cable and how do I adjust it for the 700 R4 on my K5.....Please Help...Det45

One Fine 89.....

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>It is the main cable that runs to your throttle bracket......it's the one that's connected to the square block with the push button on it. To adjust it you simoly push the button down, pull the cable way out, then go in and push the accelerator all the way to the floor, it will automatically adjust by way of an internal ratcheting system. Make sure it is adjusted properly since with a 700 R4 tranny it is used to hit all of your shift points. It can be tweaked one way or another slightly in or out if it needs to be shifting earlier or later. The initial description however will get you very close.</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

[​IMG]

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

what the heck is a TV cable?

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>The TV cable is short for throttle valve cable it controls line pressure, shift points, shift feel, part throttle downshifts and detent downshifts. On the 700R4 trannies, they are like the kickdown cables on 350 and 400 turbos except for the differences listed above. They are far more important than you would think. If you have one out of adjustment, you could ruin your tranny pretty quick. I should clearify that on my earlier post when I said to pull the cable way out, I should have made it clear to pull it out towards the fire wall and away from the throttle linkage. If you're unsure, go to your local tranmision shop and they will adjust it correctly for you.</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

[​IMG]

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>You could actually push the carburetor linkage to full throttle position instead of getting out and getting into the cab to mash the gas pedal all the way down. It will do the same thing but this way you can see exactly what it does when it is brought to the full throttle position and it adjusts itself.</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

[​IMG]