Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TV is dead

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by js4x4, Dec 21, 2004.

1. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

...Well mine is anyway. Got home from work today, turned it on <bright white light> *POP* some sizzle noise.....and the smell of burnt electronics. :doah: Its been acting up for the last year or so, so I've been expecting it. SO I guess I get a new TV for myself for Christmas! :saweet:

I'm just looking at 27" flat screens (not flat panels mind you-don't have that kind of $) Has anyone had bad luck with a Philips? Searching the net, I like the options and the price is right....was hoping to get some input before i commit.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Bestbuy has a nice 27" Toshiba for $239.99 it's not a flat screen, but pretty close. Have one in the bedroom, it's a pretty nice set. I like the Toshiba TV's, seam too be pretty high quality. Great picture, and has alot of inputs.

3. semper-k-five

semper-k-five 1/2 ton status

I don't have a Phillips TV, but i do have a Phillips surround sound system that i am very pleased with...I just have a 25" tv now...i think my next purchase will be a phillips brand television when i have the loot to upgrade...

4. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

When my 19" Toshiba went, I went out and bought a 27" Sony Wega. Though it is still a CRT, the screen in flat and the picture looks much better. Not nearly as much glare. It was a little more expensive though, at about $500. I just bought this model because it has picture-in-picture. Which I still use all the time even after the novelty wore off! It seems to have the best picture quality I have seen.

5. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

The Sony's seem so much more $$, and the reviews ARE slightly better. I have been researching, and found the same Philips TV for sale at Sears AND Walmart...Sears has a price match plus 10% Guarantee!! Sears, here I come! Thiers is $299, Wally world- $278!!