Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tv?s please help

Discussion in 'Audio' started by DesertDueler, Dec 5, 2003.

1. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I am looking to put a tv in my k5, and wonder what is a good one, and what size is good? I am looking for it mostly to use for playing video games at the lake. I am looking at poweracoustik 7",10" and 13" tvs. I am also looking at Pyle 13", 15" and 17" mointers.Also Clarion 7". Help guys, and what do you think is a good size? I want to play 2 player games on it.

Dan

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I would think the bigger the better (two player games running split screen?)..

I've seen a LOT of variation in the image quality of the flat panel displays....I hate to say it, but you are probably going to get what you pay for. The "el cheapo" ones tend to be fuzzy and washed out looking, and probably don't have enough contrast ratio to even be visible if there is any daylight around.

It's one of those where you'll have to just go look at a few and determine what you're minumum acceptable image quality is (for videogames it might not be as critical as it would for movies) and then figure out what price range that forces you into...... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Don't forget BozoWise (and probably a couple other folks on this forum) can probably get you some good prices once you have a model number/brand picked out.

3. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Well I have a 13" in my van and my kids like it for playing games on. It's not near as nice as the big screen in the house but it keeps the kids entertained and I don't mind playing the games on the smaller screen once and awhile.

If it's not going to be a permenant piece I really wouldn't go flat screen, just me but I like to pull all my stuff out when were not on the road so no one steals it out of my van or truck. A flat screen that folded up into the ceiling would be nice if it had to be permenant, but then I'd have to go with a larger screen with really good resolution and that can get pretty pricy.

How do you plan on installing it and where in the Blazer? It may help in making recomendations if we knew that.

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I will either mount it to the ceiling, or modify the dash and mount it in the center of the dash. I want to be able to see it in the front seats, becasue I normally dont have the back seat in when I go camping.

Dan

5. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

In that case I'd have to say go flat panel, but to get one large enough to be useful for split screen gaming with a nice clear picture it's gonna be a tad expensive.

I'd probably still go with about a 13-15" screen. I was thinking of doing something similar to my Burb, but just decided to bring the laptop with instead. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif