Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TV x-box question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I thought I'd be more impressed with the x-box but I'm begining to wonder if its the TV. Our X-box is hooked up to a 17 year old 25" Is it worth spending 3 or 400 bucks for a TV that only sees x-box. Will a new TV make that much of a diference? I'm not looking for a wide screen or Plasma and I'd like it to fit in the cabinet its in now. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

New TV time for sure if its that old , put the old one in the garage , splice in your cable or sat , and watch trucks while working on trucks . You can get a great one for less than 300 if you look , theyre all nearly comparable in that price range anyway /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I think I bought our new 27inch tv from Best Buy for about $300 a year ago, and it's great. I think it has like 4 or 5 inputs, and 1 or 2 outputs which is cool too.

If it's ONLY going to host XBox, you can probably get one even cheaper with less bells and whistles that you wouldn't use anyway.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I thought I'd be more impressed with the x-box but I'm begining to wonder if its the TV. Our X-box is hooked up to a 17 year old 25" Is it worth spending 3 or 400 bucks for a TV that only sees x-box. Will a new TV make that much of a diference? I'm not looking for a wide screen or Plasma and I'd like it to fit in the cabinet its in now. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ] 27" Toshiba from Bestbuy for $239.99 Would make a great game TV and back up set if your main TV go's down for some reason. (Note; I have this TV in the back bedroom, it used too be in our livingroom befor I got my 57". Nice TV for the price. Highly recomended.) [​IMG]

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

If your eally want good graphics, pick up a 19" CRT monitor and get the adapter for it

Need something for audio though, they make stand alone systems

6. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Thanks, wife gave th OK so ill look tomorow, as far as sound, it goes through its own stereo. I thought about spending more on a small tv but the 25" is hard enough for split screen with the kids

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Ya know I wondered about that on PS2. If you have a bigger display, does the split screen actually show you more in each pane, or are the panes just larger?

My wife or my son and I play ATV Off-road Fury on PS2 together on a 27", and it stinks sometimes, you can whip over a hill and not have any time to see a tree cause the screen's to low. I think about getting a bigger tv, but I dunno if that would really make a difference...

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

holy crap dude... youve got the most powerful game system ever connected to a TV with foil-covered rabit-ears on top. lol!!! A new TV is definitely needed. Xbox can output in HDTV modes (depending on the game) so that'd be the way to go if you can afford it.

lol funny post... 17 year old TV. lol! Its like putting a 500 cube Viper engine in a stock gremlin or something. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

j

9. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

X-box and High def. is definitely the way to go. I'd like to thank KidJethro for that. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Yes come out of the 80's! I am rolling X-Box on a 52" Hitachi and it rocks. When your playing against other people the screens are larger and much easier to play.