Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

T'was two nights before Christmas, and mice were stirring in my trailer.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Dec 24, 2002.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

T\'was two nights before Christmas, and mice were stirring in my trailer.

My 2nd home is a 1974 21' Terry camp trailer, parked in a permanent spot. For the past 2 winters, I have had to share my trailer with mice. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I dont go up there much in winters, but I'm tired of being woken up to the pitter patter of mice roaming around in MY trailer. Mouse traps have caught several, but there are always more. Not the most comforting feeling.

And to top it off when I went into my trailer last night, despite there being two tarps on the roof and a shed built over it, my carpet was a frozen chunk of ice. Somehow, through the roof and two tarps, a huge amount of water STILL leaks into my trailer.

After the heater warmed up the trailer, the carpet melted leaving it all soggy and wet in one large spot. Then the mice noticed it was warm and came out to play. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Anyone know a good way to get rid of mice besided mouse traps and D-con?

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Re: T\'was two nights before Christmas, and mice were stirring in my trailer

These really work good.. But kind of Expensive
    http://www.ratzapper.com/

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

two words... FOUR TEN!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Or a .22 if its ur preferance. You said its leakin anyway so whats a few bullet holes gonna hurt, plus you'll have lots of fun takin care of your pest problem. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Re: T\'was two nights before Christmas, and mice were stirring in my trailer.

Poison. We had two or three rats show up in our basement recently, I put out poison, and like the next day, 1 was doing the dance of death in front of my wife's car, and a week later we found another body. No more evidence that they're around anymore either...

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

There are some sonic noise makers you plug in but I dont know how well they work. If you had water in the camper after all the roof and tarps you might want to check the sinks/shower/can to see if any froze up and started leaking. My buddy got his out this past summer and plugged in the hose from house and the pressure blew a couple of the fittings to pieces.
    Otherwise I would invest in a can of expanding foam and run around the inside and out filling any holes, seams, or gaps to keep the mice out! Then toss out the d-con to get the ones trapped inside.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Boric Acid (Powder form) gets rid of mice and insects !!!!!!

7. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Also if you happen to put som holes in the bottom they can drain all the water out!!

8. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

My plumbing froze and broke years ago. Theres no running water up there anyway.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll go ahead and try a few of them.

A friend of mine already offered to try to shoot them (he offers to shoot everything anyway). I'm not quite ready to resort to that yet /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif . Though your right, a couple holes in the floor might let the water drain out. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif