Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

twin stick 205

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jasonkh2tg, Apr 6, 2003.

1. jasonkh2tg

jasonkh2tg 1/2 ton status

Im going to be doing a complete rebuild on my NP 205 new seals and bearings and gaskets...Ive been thinking about going to a twin stick..If I do that would I have to remove the detent pins to get complete control of each shift rail.??? just wondering if any one has done this before and any insight would be great..pro's con's anything...thanks..

2. 1Blazin71

1Blazin71 1/2 ton status

Search. There's been several posts that include an article from 4WDOR on how to grind the shift rails to allow front and rear to enagage separately, without the possibility of having one in hi and one in low.

3. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Yes, do a search. I have some pics of mine in the link below. To answer your question- no you don't remove it. You do take it out to remove the rail but you DO put it back in.

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

mudstud

i was gonna tell him to talk to you.

no5 clicky

clicky 205 #2

hope these links help. that is if they work.

also mj has some good stuff.

nathan
    69K5

5. jasonkh2tg

jasonkh2tg 1/2 ton status

Finally... twin stick 205 I got mine today just keep in mind that there is no bushing where the shifter bolts to the adapter..I think the original one will work...I'll have to find out...

6. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

In the Garage forum, there is a post called "updates on Truggy" by BadDog. In there you will find a link to his site, and in his site there is a section about this with the Petersens Off Road article and some detailed instructions following the article. Hope this helps /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif.